The 2017 Capacity Building Initiative Cohort and Consultants
Crossroads Fund recognizes the important role grassroots organizations play in movements for social and economic justice. In partnership with Woods Fund, the Capacity Building Initiative (CBI) provides high-quality, technical assistance and support to emerging grantee partners so that their work towards social and economic change is built on a strong foundation and is sustainable.
Program Description and Structure
The Capacity Building Initiative is a year-long program through which current grantee partners receiveindividualized support from a highly qualified consultant and engage in workshops and peer to peer learning sessions to address the capacity needs and opportunities of the organization. Organizations selected to CBI will be awarded a grant to cover the costs associated with the initiative.
Organizations selected to CBI will complete an organizational assessment which will inform the organization’s work plan for the grant period. Work plans can include capacity building goals such as:
- Develop board recruitment and board leadership development plan
- Develop staff and executive director leadership development plan
- Develop clear decision making processes
- Develop or strengthen financial management systems
- Develop or expand fundraising plan
- Develop or expand evaluation plan
- Develop or expand internal and external communications infrastructure
Additional resource may be made available to advance work plan goals.
Organizations selected to CBI will also participate in workshops facilitated by a team of consultants. Past topics include:
- Financial Management 101
- Fundraising 101
- Board Development
- Applicant and/or their fiscal sponsor must be nonprofit organizations with current 501(c)(3) status.
- Applicant must be a current grantee of either Crossroads Fund and/or Woods Fund.
- Applicant must have an annual budget of less than $500,000.
- Applicant must commit to actively participating in CBI which includes up to 40 hours for work plan development and implementation and up to 6 hours for workshops and peer to peer learning sessions.
How to Apply
We are not currently accepting applications to the Capacity Building Initiative.
For more information:
For more information regarding CBI, please contact Michael Aguhar, Program Director, at email@example.com.